August is here! It’s the last month of summer and I’m taking full advantage. Ryan and I are visiting his parents in Washington (state) and traveling down to Oregon to see some friends. Then we are heading off to NY where I have two weddings and then spending a little time with my family in Lake George before we head back to VA so Ryan can start prepping his classroom for school. This month is jammed full of good stuff that will keep us busy and I plan to enjoy it all. So let’s check up on July’s goals and then make some new ones.
Business Goals (July):
- Pick some workshops to attend and sign up. I did this! I’ve got a few workshops this fall that I will be attending. I’m so incredibly excited to be going to them and learning everything I can. Woo hoo!
- Get a sample album made. Nope, I didn’t finish this one. Gotta keep it on the list.
- Get a few wedding dresses for shoots. Yes! I got a bunch this month. Now to find models and practice!
- Do more practice shoots. I’m always practicing. Time to set up some of my dream shoots to practice too.
Personal Goals (July):
- Get everything ready for our trip to WA. Well, as we are on this trip right now I’d have to say did it.
- Take care of my garden. If you’ve been following my garden posts you probably know how it is going. I’ve been taking care of it… but I haven’t been doing a great job of protecting it from the animals…
- Fix the driveway. OMG we did it! It’s finally done! It took forever, but it is so nice now. I feel better knowing it isn’t falling apart every time we drive on it. Hooray. I hope I don’t have to do that again for a very long time.
- Have a party for the family. Nope. Didn’t get to this one either. Hopefully that last week in August or sometime in September. I really want to do this!
- Spend time with my husband and kittens. I got the kitten part, but the husband part has been hard this month. He’s been teaching summer school and taking a class so I haven’t seen much of him. And when I have I’m supposed to leave him alone so he can do his homework. But that was July and now it’s August and he is done with those and so I get to spend all sorts of time with him now!
So I didn’t get everything done, but I’m only human. 🙂 Now to make some August goals.
- I’m doing an online workshop. It’s awesome but takes a lot of time to sit down and go through everything and then make the changes. I want to keep up with it, which is hard with all the travel.
- Get a sample album made, or at least design it and get the order in.
- Start brainstorming ideas for shoots with my new dresses.
- Just keep up on work so I’m not stressed about getting behind while I’m on vacation and away from my work computer (so there isn’t much I can do about that anyway.)
- Reorganize my office. I just got a new desk that takes up less space so that there is room in my office for a cat tower. Since the kitties need a space to call their own and that is really the only free space in the house. But between that and needing to put the wedding dresses in the closet that is currently used for storage of office supplies, camera supplies and papers, I’ve got a lot of reorganizing to do just to figure out how to fit it all in the room. And of course trying to make it at least a little bit kitty proof. Ha.
- Enjoy vacation and family time!
- Start prepping the garden for the fall.
- Plan when to have family over to my place. Either end of August or September.
- Start thinking about fall projects around the house.
It’s a really busy month so I don’t know how much of this I will get done, but I am determined to get some of it done and have a lot of fun in the process. I love writing down my goals every month like this, because I get more done when I stop and think about what I really want to do next. It’s pretty awesome.
BTW… this is my 200th blog post! I’m feeling pretty excited about that 🙂
And here is an Instagram recap of July… we redid a lot of the plumbing in the house, spent time with friends, made pesto and picked veggies from the garden, finished the driveway, and watched the kittens grow a lot! It was a good month.