Today is Thanksgiving. A day to spend with family and remember all the things you are thankful for. I kinda like that idea. No matter how hard or frustrating things can get there is always something to be thankful for. And the more you think about it, the more you realize that there are many more things to be thankful for than to be upset about. Here are a few things I’m thankful for today.
- My Husband. He always loves me and makes me happy, no matter how tired or stressed or crazy I am. And I’m always happy to see him. 🙂
- All my wonderful clients who let me photograph their weddings and growing families. I love my job and I loved spending time with all of you this year. It was amazing! (I also have the prettiest, coolest, most relaxed brides ever! Love them)
- Travel! While I love being home, I also love getting to see new places. This year I got to travel to NY (twice for weddings) and TX for a shoot and also to Washington State and Oregon to visit family and have a mini vacation. It was amazing and I’m reminded that I really need to make time to do this every year.
- Family! I feel like I got to see my family a lot this year. Or maybe not a lot, but a lot more than normal. Since I moved to VA I’m a lot closer to my aunts/uncles/cousins/grandparents and it was fun to get to see them more than once a year. I also saw my parents a fair amount since they came down to VA and I went up to NY more than once this year. And we got to go out west and see Ryan’s family and we haven’t been out there in years! It was wonderful 🙂
- Old Friends! (not that they are old… just that they have been my friends for ever!) Facebook lets us keep in touch, but I do love planning to see each other over Christmas. It happens every year and it is awesome to get to see them in person.
- New friends! I wasn’t sure how I’d ever make friends in VA. Where would I meet them? Would we ever get along? But I’ve met so many wonderful people down here and I love getting to grab coffee with them and even (sometimes) work with them! It’s like a dream to get to work with a group of people that you love, and respect and can call friends. I’m a very lucky girl.
- My home. I know sometimes it frustrates me with it’s tiny size or whatever isn’t working… or the fact that I still haven’t painted the kitchen. But… I love it. It’s mine and it is a roof over my head, and running water, and heat and so many good things. Now if I can just find the perfect couch…
- Kitties! After all those kittens that we raised and then adopted out, this year I finally got two of my very own. 🙂 And I love them. Especially when they are behaving and not trying to eat my printer.
- My Yard. It’s a lot like my house, occasionally frustrating and a lot of work. But I love it. It’s why I bought the house. I love that it is a perfect place to play and hang out with friends. I love the bonfire, and the veggie garden, and all the flowers that bloom and the animals I can find in it (when they aren’t eating my garden.)
So Happy Thanksgiving to y’all! I’m going to have a wonderful day with my family 🙂 The whole lot of them!