It’s December and Christmas is almost here! I have to remind myself to put on some Christmas music to try and get myself in the mood to go shopping. It’s hard to believe another year is almost over. I had the best year of weddings and I’m looking forward to next year (and maybe a brief break before then.)
Business Goals (November):
- Get all of my weddings for the year edited and submitted to blogs and publications. I’ve got them all edited but I don’t have them all submitted to publication. Some of the magazines I want to submit to have been very hard to find contacts for. Apparently they don’t accept submissions the same way most others do so it’s been a challenge. Hopefully I’ll have that done this week.
- Keep going with social media. More focus on Pinterest in particular. I’ve kept it up but haven’t done a good job at establishing a new workflow for new social media.
- Get payment and contracts set up online. Nope. It’s looking more like a full week after 2013 is done project.
- Spend some more time with other wedding pros once wedding season slows down. I’m not sure it has slowed down yet! Hopefully this month I’ll get some in and then January & February are so open for this!
Personal Goals (November):
- Keep working on the yard. We did… though it was mostly raking.
- Spend time outside. Of course! More bonfire time and yard work and visiting the farm and state park kept me outside this month. 🙂
- Spend time with family. Yep! I saw them more than once this month!
- Make a list of things I want to try! I completely forgot about this one. But I’m pretty sure I keep trying things to keep myself entertained. 🙂
So I didn’t do that well on my business goals this month. I thought that the slow season would be here a little sooner and I’d have time to get to things. Turned out I had two more shoots that weren’t on the calendar at the beginning of the month that kept me a little busy. 🙂 So now for December goals!
- Finish 2013! Get everything submitted and done.
- Make a to do list for the off season so that I actually get it all done and ready for 2014!
- Get sample albums designed.
- Come up with some new blog topics to carry the blog through the winter (when I don’t have a bunch of weddings to blog.)
- Listen to Christmas music. Normally I don’t start listening until I feel in the mood for Christmas, which always happens around the 20th since until then I’m just not ready. And then I only get a few days of music. So this year I’m going to try listening to the music to get me in the mood.
- Make plans to go see Ryan at the Kennedy Center in February. He is going to be in the National Opera’s production of Moby Dick so I’m going! And so are a ton of other people so I’ve got to get that organized. (Pick a date, coordinate schedules, book tickets, ect…)
- Make a plan for the living room… I’m trying to finally finish it (or start it even) as in find a couch and side tables, lamp, get it furnished so I can hang photos! Due to the tiny size of my living room it’s proving to be a bit of a challenge, but if I can at least come up with a game plan I can get started.
- Come up with a project to do over Christmas. I’m thinking a quilt would be fun to try. 🙂
It’s going to be a busy three (well actually less than) weeks! What are your plans for December?
Here are some of my Instagram photos from November. (Follow me @ leliamariephoto)