Happy New Year! I’m excited for 2014 and everything that is going to happen this year. I don’t know what it is, but it’s gonna be good! I’m starting my year off by getting some behind the scenes work done and setting some goals for myself. Here is a look back at what I did in December of last year (that was just fun to say.)
Business Goals (December):
- Finish 2013! Get everything submitted and done. Almost there. Just one outstanding album left.
- Make a to do list for the off season. I’ve got one… and I’ll probably just keep adding more to it.
- Get sample albums designed. Still haven’t gotten this done. Once I finish the albums for my current clients I’ll get on it.
- Come up with some new blog topics to carry the blog through the winter. Working on this. I kinda dropped the garden Wednesdays from the list for the winter, to be picked up again in spring. But I really want to brainstorm some new stuff for the blog.
Personal Goals (December):
- Listen to Christmas music. Did it!! But now it’s put away…
- Make plans to go see Ryan at the Kennedy Center in February. Tickets have been booked for me and all our parents! It’s gonna be a good time. 🙂
- Make a plan for the living room. I finally found a couch!!! Now I just have to wait for it to come and then decide what other furniture/lamps/stuff I want on the wall. And in the meantime I’m trying to decide if I want to repaint it or leave it the color it is (Since repainting it will be really hard with a large couch in there.)
- Come up with a project to do over Christmas. Yes! I decided to try quilting. Turns out it’s a lot of fun! Though you do have to be really obsessively exact about everything for it to work. I got a couple quilt tops started and now I need to finish the borders on them and then figure out how to quilt them to the bottom layer. It’s my project for February when Ryan is gone all the time for rehearsal.
I had a wonderful December! Pretty busy until I left to visit family and then I didn’t do any work the whole week! Just spent time with family and friends and worked on fun things. I can’t remember the last time I did that. It was pretty wonderful. Which makes January the month to buckle down and get back to work.
- Read and do Michael Port’s Book Yourself Solid. It’a great workbook all about helping you define yourself and your business better. I’m about 40 pages into the 450 page workbook. This might take me longer than I thought but I know I’ll be so glad I did it when I’m done.
- Work on getting contracts online. It’s one of my top goals for 2014. But it’s time consuming. Baby steps.
- Set up another styled shoot/shoot for me. It’s really cold here and I prefer to work outside so it might be a little bit before the shoot actually happens, but I want the concept planned out.
- Get some new blog posts for 2014. Check out the ones I used this past year and see if I want to continue them or modify them somehow.
- Get healthier! I’m joining everyone in this January resolution. I was doing really well… and then I let it all slide this past year. So time to get back into healthy eating. And that is really my first goal because my health is completely tied up with what I eat. More so than how much I exercise. Sad, but true. So no more of that pizza and ice cream. At least not for a while. For now it’s green veggies and more veggies and water and tea and veggies. (Well and some other things, but really really cut out that cheese and grains and sugar for at least a few weeks until my tastebuds reset.)
- Wasn’t the first goal enough? Try to finish my quilt tops so that they are ready when I learn how to finish them.
- Read a book for me. I went to the used book store last week and got some books. Yay! So now I just need to sit down and read one. 🙂
- Still make time to get outside. When it’s too cold I don’t want to, but on days when it warms up a little I want to be sure to go do something outside, clean the yard, play with the kitties, take a walk. Something. It doesn’t have to take too long.
Some Instagram photos from December (follow me at leliamariephoto) The kitties got their first tree, played in the snow, tried to help redecorate trees, I got to see my best friends from high school, we played with chickens, I made a quilt, hiked in the woods, and relaxed!