March is here and we seem to be no closer to spring… Every time I think spring is here it snows again. Well at least the snow is pretty. 🙂 So today is a snow day and I’m going to enjoy it as much as I can. Based on past VA winters I might not see this much snow again for a long time!
Now to look back on my February goals…
Business Goals (February):
- Order more sample albums. Yep, I ordered two more! I finally get to check that off my list.
- Blog ahead of time. I didn’t do a very good job on that… as evidenced by the fact that I’m writing this right now…
- Take some other wedding pros out for coffee or lunch. Yep, it was so much fun I want to do it again this month!
- Get my taxes together. I’ve started, but I need to finish it. Such a big task.
Personal Goals (February):
- Take more iPhone photos. I did better! I wasn’t that great, but better than January. I think the more time I spend in my office the less photos I take… since my office is pretty boring. The more time I spend outside, the more photos you will see 🙂
- Keep eating healthy and working out. This is still so hard! Especially when I’m going out to social events and networking and there is always food (and most of it is unhealthy.) But I’m proud to say that even with all the challenges and the cake I ate I did a good job overall of staying healthy! Hooray!
- Paint my living room and kitchen. We got the living room (and hallway painted) and two walls of the kitchen. It all looks so good now! I can’t wait to finish 🙂
- Work on my next two quilt tops. Nope. With all the home repairs and family commitments I didn’t make it to quilting this month. But I did get the chance to read a few books and that was wonderful.
I’m happy with how February turned out! If I always accomplished my goals I probably wasn’t setting good enough ones to begin with 🙂 Now to make some ambitious goals for March.
- Continue networking, and taking some wedding pros out to lunch to get to know them all better.
- Schedule a styled shoot. I want to keep pushing myself and a styled shoot is a great way to work on things under pressure. (as opposed to just my practice) So I want to make sure I get at least one (if not more scheduled this month)
- Finish taxes! I mean it’s kinda obvious since they have to be done this month… but get them done! Earlier is better.
- Write some more educational posts for brides on wedding and photography. I’ve been to a lot of weddings. I know what works and what doesn’t. And I’d love to share that info with brides who are a little overwhelmed with all the decisions.
- Finish the kitchen! Ok, that is seriously ambitious and not entirely dependent on me. (I need some help to replace the back door) But, I’d really really love it if it got finished! Or at least a lot closer.
- Start planting seed in my garden. I know it’s frozen right now, but I figure by the middle of the month I can get something in the ground! I hope!
- Start decorating my living room. It has been painted now, and our new couch should be coming in the next week or two. Then I can find a coffee table and accent chair and curtains and maybe some photos to hang! It’s going to take me a few months to get it all done, but if I get it started I’ll be closer to done. 🙂
- Keep eating healthy! And go on more walks! Since I’m planning on the weather getting warmer going on more walks should be easy! Eating healthy is never easy, but I’m planning to keep it up this month. Who is with me?
Here is a quick look at February… we shoveled a lot, flowers appeared, it snowed more, my car went over 80,000 miles, I made my first quiche, and I saw Ryan perform at the Kennedy Center in Moby Dick with the Washington National Opera. So exciting!