It is officially spring and wedding season and the busiest month ever! Hooray for April! I might be crazy, but that just makes me super excited and happy. I started the month off right by attending a wedding, as a guest not a photographer, for the first time in 4 years! It was wonderful! Such a different experience. I brought my camera to make sure that I got a photo of Ryan & I all dressed up (it was black tie) and then I put the camera away. Of course now, like any guest, I’m dying to see the photos the photographer took! I’ll try to be patient…
To pass the time I’m going to look at my March goals…
Business Goals (March):
- Continue networking, and taking some weddings pros out to lunch. I did some of that in March, I’ve actually got a ton of that going on this week. It’s so much fun to get to know your co-workers better 🙂
- Schedule a styled shoot. Done! It’s happening end of April. Anyone want to model for me?
- Finish taxes. Done! Hooray! It’s always such a relief with that is done with.
- Write some more educational posts for brides. I didn’t get this done. Darn, I was doing so well. I’ve got a list of posts I want to write, but I need to actually get them done!
Personal Goals (March):
- Finish the kitchen! Ummmm no. That kinda makes me laugh. It’s not even close. Some day…. but we need a little more know-how to do the last touches… so it could be a few months before we convince someone to come help me. How about for my birthday someone helps? That would be a great present!
- Start planting seed in my garden. Once the snow stopped I did! There is now a bunch of lettuce planted in the back and some herbs have been planted in the front. There is still a lot left to plant, but so far it looks great! Be prepared for some garden blog posts to start up again!
- Start decorating my living room. Nope… I didn’t get to this either. I need to find a small chair and a color scheme (for the chair and curtains) that already matches the green walls and grey couch. So I have no plans yet… but I figure once that is done it gets easier right?
- Keep eating healthy! Oh I did a pretty good job of that… except for Ryan’s birthday, but it’s a birthday and you have to eat cake! 🙂
Not a bad month… but wait until you see April!
- Set work hours. I’ve been really bad about setting specific work hours. Normally I get up and work until my husband comes home. And sometimes evenings and weekends (because that is typically when weddings and shoots happen.) I’d really like to sit down and create work hours. Specific times that I stop working! Also I’d like to detail my days a little more so that I have a game plan every day. Times for responding to emails… and until that time it can wait. I let myself get stressed out about emails and how long it takes me to respond all the time. I feel bad when I’m away for a weekend and don’t get to them right away. But the fact of the matter is they do not need to be responded to immediately. Promptly, yes, but not right away. And it is good for me to set limits on my time. So that I have time for me, and when I am focused on work I am 100% there for work.
- Set the date on my cherry blossom bridal shoot. I’ve got someone to model for me (Assuming the date works) but I need to set a date… which is really hard with the weather changing and never being quite sure when the blossoms will be their best. But it will be this month! I think.
- Start working on my new branding/website/logo. To be clear, I’m not designing this. I’m just trying to get all my thoughts in order, and what I want it to say and all that so that this month when I start working with a professional designer I know what direction I’d like to go in. I’ve never had a logo professionally designed for me and I’m so excited to finally get one that conveys me. I can’t wait to get started!
- Start working on my client experience and workflow. I think that one of the biggest things I need to do to have a better experience for my clients is develop a set workflow and online portion of my business. So that everyone can easily access their schedule, and questionnaires, and payment plans (as well as pay online!) This is a huge undertaking, but I’m determined to get it right and done. It will be pretty awesome once it’s there. However right now the workflow and to do list is about 5 pages long :-p
- Make a serious effort to have date night again! I’d really love to try setting aside one day a week to go on a date with Ryan. It doesn’t have to be anything fancy, but I really want to make the effort to do something together.
- Plant the rest of the garden. I don’t know that I will actually finish planting all the beds, but there are still a lot more plants to be planted. 🙂
- Get some fruit trees and plant them. I wish I had an orchard… but I don’t have that big a yard. So I try to work fruit trees into my landscaping. I’ve already got three planted in the yard, but I’d like to get a few more. And spring is the best time to get and plant them 🙂
- Go for more walks. I look at my schedule for the next three weeks and have no idea when I’m going to find the time to do this, but it is good for me, and I enjoy it. So I should make a point of going on more walks. Especially when it is sunny.
I have a bunch of Instagram photos (follow me at leliamariephoto) but this month I’m sharing a photo of me and Ryan all dressed up for the wedding we attended in NY this past weekend. 🙂 Thanks Alexis for clicking the shutter!