I was planning an completely different post until I looked at a calendar and realized it is June already! One last month of weddings before I hit the lighter summer season here. And this year instead of time off I’ll be just as busy focusing on families and my redesign! So lets look back at my May goals…
Business Goals (May):
- Keep working on my new branding. Yep! We are now on draft two of my new logo. It’s coming along. I can’t wait for it to be done!
- Keep meeting new people in the wedding industry. I’ve been really busy doing this one. Lots of meetings this month. It was great. It keeps me busy but it’s so much fun to meet new people!
- Start planning and promoting my family photography. I’ve started mentioning it more and I’m planning more to come with the new website launch and a few other things. I’m so excited! I love photographing families and I can’t wait to do more of it!
- Continue working on my skills with flash. Still working on it and still getting better. I went to a one day workshop with Bob Davis and learned a few things there that I’ve got to try! One of these days I’m going to love shooting receptions because the lighting is gonna be great! 🙂
Personal Goals (May):
- Have a birthday celebration! I didn’t think this one would happen but it did! It was a low key bonfire night (mid week because I work on the weekends!) and the best time I’ve had for my birthday in years! I can’t remember the last time I had a party for my birthday. I think it might have been the year Ryan and I started dating. This one was perfect! Good friends and food and I even got presents! Plants, cake, a swing and future dates to go to Kings Dominion and the Ren Faire. My friends know me so well! 🙂
- Go for more walks. Nope. I don’t think I went on one walk around the neighborhood this month. Whoops.
- Drink more water. Yes. Though I’m sure I could still drink more…
- Keep working on the yard! Oh my gosh a ton of this happened. On the very few days I wasn’t working a wedding the fruit trees got planted, some more veggies went in the ground, and the retaining wall in the side yard is closer to being done. It’s a long process but it’s looking good!
I didn’t do too bad, considering I forgot what goals I made until I looked them up this morning! So here are my plans for June…
- Get all my weddings edited and delivered! I want to have all my weddings for the first half of the year edited and done before the end of June! It will keep me crazy busy but will allow me to spend most of July focusing on my next goal…
- Branding! Finish the logos, start the website design. Clarify my “why” (why I do what I do). And start writing my client welcome guides. I’ve been wanting to write one for a while now and I’ve starting outlining it. Now it’s time to get to the hard part of writing it. Then the fun, but still hard, part of designing it. 🙂 I’d like it done by August. Is that way too ambitious? Maybe not, but only if I work on it a few hours a day!
- Start getting some family sessions on the calendar for July/August/September!
- Find a studio space. I’ve been thinking about this for a while and actively searching for a space for the last month. With luck I’ll get one in June and then I can start having all my client meetings there. I’d also love to do more work with newborns and their mothers there. 🙂 With luck I’ll have a very exciting announcement at the end of June!
- Keep working on the yard! I want to plant more veggies and get some plants in along the fence line. I also want to finish the retaining wall. And maybe get the nesting box on the coop. The chickens won’t start laying eggs until the end of summer but it would be nice to finish it!
- Get my last few cabinets installed in the kitchen. We are so close to done with the kitchen… I just need to get the last few cabinets in. I just need some expert advice first, and that is hard to find 🙂
- Either get some photos on the wall in the living room or find a side table/coffee table for the living room. I did so well this last month getting the couch in there and the curtains up. So now it’s time to finish it!
- Schedule a day off. Make that more than one. I have a bad habit of working every day of the week because I work on weekends for weddings and then the weekdays are workdays so everyone works… right? I really should take a day off to work on my personal goals and just relax!
I must be feeling ambitious this morning, but I’m gonna go for it! It’s been a great year so far and I’m ready to keep it up!
Here are some of my iPhone photos from the last month. Follow my on Instagram (leliamariephoto) to see more!
We worked on the Chicken coop, watched the creek flood, caught baby bunnies, went to the air show, planted plants, watched the garden grow, and had a birthday party!