It’s July! Half way through 2014 and this second half is gonna be great! I’ve got some really exciting things planned 🙂 So let’s look back at my June goals so I can move on to July!
Business Goals (June):
- Get all of my weddings edited and delivered! Yes! I’m done with my spring season! Now to work on some other projects before the crazy fall season starts up.
- Branding! Finish logos and start website design. I’ve approved a final logo design. Next step website. I’m not 100% in control of the speed here, but it’s moving forward and I’m excited!
- Get some family sessions on the calendar. I’ve got one on my schedule for July. I’d love some more. Specifically any mothers with a baby under a year. Do you know anyone? Let me know!
- Find a studio space! OMG! This is the big one and it happened! I am currently fixing up/moving into a studio space in Leesburg, VA! I’m so excited! This is going to give me the ability to meet my clients in a quiet, calm spot. And it is going to let me work more with babies (under a year). I’m so excited to share updates on my studio with you as I get it together! Stay tuned!
Personal Goals (June):
- Keep working on the yard. Slow and steady wins it. Some more plants went into the ground. So I kept up with this. Of course then we had to replace our heat pump so it’s gonna be a while before we can afford to buy any more plants for the yard. Oh well. I guess we will take a summer heat break.
- Get the last few cabinets installed in the kitchen. Nope. It’s still on the list. One of these days…
- Get some photos on the wall in the living room. Of a coffee table. Nope. I haven’t done this. But hopefully I’ll find some of this stuff as I’m searching for my office furniture and ordering prints for that.
- Schedule a day off. I did take some days off from work. Though I packed them full of family and friends. I should also make a note to schedule a day off that is just a day off from everything, where I have no obligations to do anything other than sit with a good book. 🙂
Basically I got all my weddings edited and found an office space so I consider June to be a huge win and I almost can’t believe that all this awesome is happening! So on to July!
- Finish painting and furnishing my office. This is gonna be a hard one with me, since I tend to sit with things for a long time before deciding how to decorate them. I also think I’ll have to build a lot of the items to make them fit right. Oh my.
- Start web design! Woo hoo! I can’t wait to see how my ideas all come together.
- Rework portrait products and pricing. Now that I have a studio space and more focus on portraits and families I need to rework my pricing and products. Which requires sitting down and going through everything to figure out what products I want to offer, which are the best, which fit my brand and so on. But I’m really excited to start doing this!
- Find some new mothers to take photos of in my studio! I want to do a very specific style of photography there and the easiest way to explain it is to show it. So I need some mothers willing to model for me this month so I can build a studio portfolio. 🙂
- Figure out how to balance personal and work life. Especially now that my work will be at the office and not at home. I will need to set work hours and keep to them.
- Plan my September trip to WA. I want to go, but I haven’t sat down and done any of the booking or planning. I really want to take some family/couple photos while I’m over there. Anyone interested? Want to talk to me about it?
- Plant some more seeds in my garden. After the late spring and the busy wedding season I’ve still got some seeds I never planted. Whoops. I’d love to get those in the ground asap.
- Work on the inside of my house. Finish painting the kitchen… hang cabinets… furnish the living room… hang photos. At least one of those things should happen this month. I hope 🙂
Honestly all I can think of right now is getting the office together and the branding and website finished. It’s going to be a huge step forward for my business and full of good things for my clients and I want to make sure I get it all done before the fall wedding crazy starts up in September. And that is a lot of work to get done in the next two months. But I’m up for it.
June was a great month. When we weren’t working we spent a lot of time having fun, working in the yard, picking berries, river rafting and going to King’s Dominion. Follow me on Instagram for more @ LeliaMariePhoto.