I love it when my clients choose to have engagement photos done! I love getting photos of the way you are everyday. It also is a great chance to see how I work so you are experts by the time we get to your wedding day! Here are some of my tips for getting great engagement photos:
- Pick a location that is meaningful to you. That might be the Kennedy Center (how fun would it be to get all dressed up and do photos there, followed by a show!?!) or a walk in the park. What activities do you like to do together? This is the perfect time to get photos of them.
- Get your hair & makeup done by a professional. Preferably whoever will be doing it for your wedding. This way you know you look great! It doesn’t have to be fancy, but professional hair and makeup does make a difference in photos. (Check out this blog post to see what I mean)
- Wear comfortable clothes that fit well. If your clothes (or shoes!) are uncomfortable you will look uncomfortable! It’s not worth it! On the other hand, you do need to wear clothes that fit well. Too tight or too loose and they will add weight. You want something that hugs your body and accents your waist!
- Accessories are a great way to easily change the feel of your outfit. Adding a scarf, or sweater, or hat can completely change the feel of your outfit without needing to actually change clothes! Of course you can always change clothes too if your prefer!
- Make a date out of it! Go out for drinks or dinner after. You will be all dressed up and you should enjoy it!
- Have fun! Go in to it planning to have fun! Be willing to play and laugh and tell each other all the reasons you love each other. It should be a wonderful evening!