Sometimes it’s hard to keep up with you goals and you just stop (working out and blogging anyone??) But that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t try again! And that is very much what I’m doing right now. Back to blogging! Hopefully you’ve noticed the last few blog posts I’ve gotten up in August! There should be a bunch more heading your way in September! Which I can’t believe is here! Normally it is the start of the second half of wedding season. A crazy few months that doesn’t slow down until January. But this year it’s a little different for me! With a baby due in December I’m only shooting weddings until early October, and family sessions until the end of October. Leaving me enough time in October and November to get everything edited and ordered before I’m on maternity leave in December. Which means my year is ending a lot sooner than normal. It feels so weird to almost be done with another year of weddings! Where has all the time gone? 🙂
So to keep myself on track this month here are my goals:
- Get back to blogging! Get them written before the day I want to post them. Try putting more content on my blog than social media.
- Use Co-Schedule to get my blog posts out on social media and try to stay off it. I haven’t been enjoying using social media lately and I’d like to start using it a lot less (personally and professionally) so I’m going to try to automate more of it so everyone knows I’m still working, but I don’t have to be as on it all the time.
- Submit my weddings for publication! I’d love to get some of them up on blogs!
- Remind everyone that anniversary/engagement/family sessions must be booked by October!
- Get a dresser/changing table for the nursery! It’s the last piece of furniture I need in there and once I get it I can then focus on decorating… I just need to find one…
- Find something to wear for my photo session in October. I’m having my photo taken again this fall… and of course I need something to wear, and now that I’ve got a beach ball attached to my belly it’s gotten a little harder to find clothes.
- Finish my quilt tops, so I can quilt them and bind them before baby and Christmas!
- Clean out the garden from summer and get some spinach and garlic planted for fall.
It’s September! Fall is here, wedding & portrait season is back (this Christmas cards!), and it’s the third trimester! I’m so excited for everything happening this month. It’s going to fly by!
Here is a quick look at what I’ve been up to in Instagram photos…