Oh my gosh another month has flown by and I missed getting this up at the beginning of October! I was a bit busy with weddings and such, so better late than never! Let’s look back at September and see how much I did!
Business Goals (September):
- Get back to blogging! I may not have done as well at blogging as I meant to (evidence this one being late) but I’ve been getting some up so I’m thrilled with that!
- Use Co-Schedule more and stay off of social media. I don’t know that I stayed off social media… but I was on it less, and I stressed out about being on it less. And that is wonderful! I love keeping in touch with everyone and sharing what I do. but honestly, it’s overwhelming and to stay sane I’d much rather share via my blog than 4 different social media platforms.
- Submit my weddings for publication. I did! Or at least I did for some of them. I haven’t made it through all the ones I want to submit. And I haven’t heard back from everyone, but some should be published soon! I’ll let you know as soon as it happens!
- Remind everyone to book sessions for October! Yes I did! I hope everyone got the memo, because It’s October already! And I’m going to need the beginning of November to finish editing and clearing off my to-do list. I’m so close to maternity leave and it’s really hard to believe! Wow! So excited for the family sessions I do have coming up though!
Personal Goals (September):
- Get a dresser for the nursery! Yes! It’s a simple Ikea one, and larger than I orginally wanted, but it will hold everything! And it was affordable… so it won. Phew. Furniture is all done! (Or at least in the nursery!)
- Find something to wear for my photo session! Since that already happened I’ll say I found something. It wasn’t easy. I always have a hard time finding clothes that fit and while pregnant it’s been even harder. but I did it, and I can’t wait to see the photos!
- Finish my quilt tops. Nope. I haven’t even touched anything sewing related… except for altering clothes to fit and trying to make others. But nothing quilt or baby related. Yet. Hopefully by the end of October!
- Clean out the garden and get spinach and garlic planted. Nope again. I’ve been letting the chickens in to help me “clean” it… but I haven’t gotten everything out, nor have I planted anything. Oh well. I’ve been busy!
Hey I may not have gotten my whole list done, but I’m doing well getting work done and so that is all ok! Now to look at what I hope to accomplish in the last few weeks this month!
- Finish editing my last weddings and family photo shoots! I want them all done and to clients by November!
- Submit my remaining weddings for publication.
- Pull my favorite wedding photos into a folder so I have easy access to them for future projects and updating my website and such!
- Keep focusing on blogging instead of social media.
- Clean out garden. (I’m not even going to worry about planting anything… just get it cleaned and ready for winter/spring)
- Start organizing nursery (i.e. figuring out where on earth things are going to go, and starting putting shelves in closet… or whatever it needs to be organized)
- Make crib skirt/bumper/curtains/recover rocking chair. Ok that is a lot. but I really need to get on the decor of the nursery and it all revolves around getting the fabric pieces made and in. So I need to get that done!
- Finish painting/caulking the new door in the kitchen. So that the kitchen is done and back together!
We are already a week into October, but I still think I can make all this happen! Go goals! What are you planning this month?
Looking back on my Instagram photos it looks like we had fun last month! Got a lot of things fixed in the house and apparently I baked a lot… a trend I plan on continuing this month 🙂